First, it was the Pomelo Butter Cake, then the Mango Pomelo Sago dessert, followed by the Pomelo Chiffon, and now I have just came up with these Mango Pomelo Yoghurt Muffins. Haha… you can tell how desperate I am in trying to clear my pomelo (^-^) I have largely adapted the mango yoghurt muffins recipe from Sonia’s blog @ Nasi Lemak Lover but added some pomelo as the topping and adjusted the baking time. Had actually wanted to whip up some Pomelo Swiss Meringue Buttercream and do cupcakes instead of muffins but for the convenience of my girls bringing these to school, I reckoned “cream-less” muffins would be better.
These muffins turned out really nice. They are really moist and fragrant. And they tasted even more flavourful on the second day. Now, I’m tempted to get more mangoes to bake more of these (^-^)
*Yield 12 standard-sized muffins
125g unsalted butter
150g cake flour
200g chopped fresh mango
100g yogurt (natural flavour)
2 eggs (medium)
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
12 tsp peeled pomelo sacs, separated
mango cubes (I used half a mango)
1. Beat butter, salt and sugar till pale and creamy.
2. Add egg one at a time, mix well.
3. Sift in flour, baking powder and baking soda, add in yogurt, combine well
4. Add in chopped mango, and lightly mix well.
5. Spoon batter into a muffin pan, sprinkle some chopped mango and pomelo on top.
6. Bake at preheated oven 180c for 35mins or till golden brown. Turning the tray at 25min for even browning.