Ever since I tried my first glass of yuzu drink at Togi (my fav Korean restaurant!), I fell in love with it. So I bought my own jars of the honey citron jam and would make myself the drink every time I feel like having it. It was only last year, I started to incorporate yuzu into my baking and yuzu chiffon is one of my most fav! Yuzu will give a refreshing and citrusy flavor to swiss meringue buttercream too, so think cupcakes! macarons! ^^
I lugged back these 2 huge jars of the jam from Beijing when I went with hubby this January. Yes, you can get these in Singapore but they were on a good promotion then, so …. One will always come up with excuses to justify her shopping.
Do try out these muffins. They are moist and fragrant. A good snack for tea ^^
Make about 14 standard-sized muffins.
220g plain flour (sifted)
90g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
small pinch of salt
150g sour cream (you may use yoghurt instead)
110g yuzu jam (also known as honey citron tea)
80g unsalted butter (melted)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 190 deg cel.
2. Mix all ingredients in A together in a large bowl. Use a hand whisk and manually whisk to combine well the ingredients.
3. In another bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Add in the melted butter and the rest of the ingredients in B. Still using the hand whisk, mix till combined. Do not overbeat.
4. Pour this mixture into the flour mixture in step 2. Using a spatula, mix in the ingredients. Again do not overmix. Once the flour is incorporated, you may stop. The batter will appear lumpy still.
5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases till 2/3 full.
6. Bake for about 25min or till tester comes out clean.
7. Remove from trays and leave to cool.