Saw this recipe in a Chinese FB cooking and baking group 《壹间》好煮易 shared by Lynn Chia and was drawn to it ^^ I love butter cakes and since I have some oats left at home, why not give this recipe a try? It turned out yum! I actually baked this in early July but has forgotten to post it. Better have the recipe recorded here less it is forgotten again and it should not be! It is a keeper!
Have translated the recipe from Chinese to English here to my best ability. It is an easy recipe. You should give it a try ^^
Butter 240g (softened)
Caster sugar 150g
Honey 1 tbs
Oats 50g (I used Nestum instant oats)
Self-raising flour 200g (sifted)
1. Mix the butter, sugar and honey till light and fluffy. I used my mixer to mix.
2. Gradually add in the eggs one at a time, with the mixer still on. Add the next egg only when the previous one is blended into the batter.
3. Stir in the oats.
4. Add in 1/3 of the flour. Mix well. Then 1/3 of the milk and mix. Alternate the additions of the flour and milk, ie. another 1/3 of flour, then 1/3 of milk, and lastly the remaining 1/3 of the flour and milk. Mix till well blended.
5. Pour the batter into a greased and lined 8-inch pan. I lined only the bottom of the pan and greased the side. Bake in preheated oven (180 deg C) for about 45 minutes or till golden brown and cooked.
6. Unmould and leave to cool on a rack. Slice and serve!
With the oats in this butter cake, the cake is somehow “crunchy” when you bite. More 口感 ^^ And per my hubby, it is more filling too.