I have been craving for this dessert soup. It is one of my favourites and has been sometime since I last cooked this. Prepared a big pot today, so that I can bring over for our weekly dinner at sis’ place with dad, mum, and the rest. Dad loves this too and it is a nice feeling every time I see him enjoying the bubur terigu that I cooked for him ^^
You can try preparing this too. It is easy and makes a nice dessert.
Ingredients: (serves 8)
200g White Wheat (Terigu), soaked for at least 2 hours (perferably to soak overnight)
2.4 litres of Water
2 bundles of Pandan Leaves, washed and tie into knot
Pinch of Salt
Cane Sugar to Taste (I used about 100g. Please adjust to your preference)
* Palm Sugar Syrup
To make the palm sugar syrup:
1. Bring 2 cubes(about 200g) of Palm Sugar(Gula Melaka) together with a knot of pandan leaves and 80ml of water to boil.
2. Lower the heat and simmer till the palm sugar cubes melt and syrup slight thickened.
3. Remove pan from heat and sieve the syrup into a sterilised glass jar and cool completely before storing in the fridge.
1. Bring 1.2 litres of water to boil in a saucepan, then add in the drain white wheat and let it simmer for about 1 hour.
2. Add in the pandan leaves and continue to simmer for another 30 minutes.
3. As I prefer my burbur terigu to be thicker and less watery, I would transfer it to a slow cooker and continue the simmering for another 2 hours under low heat. However for today, I used my Thermal magic pot to cook, so after adding in the pandan leaves, I let it simmer for another hour and after that placed the pot in the thermal pot.
4. Before serving, stir in pinch of salt and mix well. Pour into serving bowl and add coconut cream/milk and gula maleka syrup according to personal preference.