During the durian craze recently, I was blessed with a big tub of durian flesh by a dear friend, YL. Knowing that I love baking, she gave me that to use in my baking. I first did the durian chiffon and later tried out these durian cookies. And oh my goodness! Each bite is a piece of heavenly goodness!!!
I was in such ecstasy over these cookies that I really wanted to share with people. I passed some to friends and family and everyone raved about them. I was not surprised ^^
I am sorry that I am sharing the post only now as I have been tied up, very, very tied up (><) Hope I am not too late and that you could still go grab some durians to make these cookies before the season ends.
Largely adapted from: Xandra’s Cooking & Baking Journal
175g Icing Sugar
2 Egg Yolks
1 tsp Durian Essence
250g Plain Flour
30g Milk Powder
50g Custard Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
100g Durians, mashed
some sesame seeds or almond nibs (for decoration) *I have omitted these.
1. Sift the plain flour, Milk powder, custard powder & baking powder together. Set aside
2. Cream butter & sugar till fluffy.
3. Add in egg yolks & durian essence.
4. Add in the sifted dry ingredients
5. Add in the mashed durian.
6. Pipe out with a noozle onto a baking tray and sprinkle sesame seeds or almond nibs on top. *I simply scooped a teaspoon full, rolled into a ball and dropped it on the baking tray. Flatten the ball slightly with a fork. Remember to leave some space in between each cookie dough.
7. Bake at 180 degree C (preheated oven) for 25 mins or until golden brown. *I bake mine at 170 deg for 20min.
I really love these cookies to the bits! When freshly out from the oven, the cookies were oooh…… soooooo crunchy! I stored the cookies in the fridge when they were cooled and to restore the crunchiness, I heated them up in the oven (at 140 deg C) for about 3 min. Be warned! These cookies are sinfully addictive! Get ready some cooling drink after you chomped these morsels down (^-^)